1. I *love* reading other people's blog. Especially if they have to do about:
- Sewing garments
- Super cute blog/design
- finding new places for clothes (mainly dresses)
- I like reading about people who do these things on their blog
- finding blogs that pique my interest in anything. Random blogs
- finding out how blogging works, how to increase readers; basically the logistics-not necessarily to implement them, just to find out how it works
2. Most of the blogs I follow are women from age 20 and up. They blog about one or more of the above criteria.
3. I hate my blog design. Especially since I eff'ed it up and erased the blue zig-zags (...ok...chevron) and getting pissed that I can't figure out how to put it back because it's a premade template. I have actually won a few blog design make overs, but I seriously have SO many things I want, that I'm embarrassed to tell them, so I haven't used my prize..?yet. *EDIT: I just actually looked at the blog, and it's much worse. The white background has turned into a repeating black image with words and a yellow frog.
4. I fear I'm not interesting enough. I'm in a weird funk in my life where I'm not working, but helping my aunt "watch" my uncle. He's basically fine but gets weak when he goes outside for too long, and has a super low blood pressure. This is the longest time that he has stayed well, and hasn't had a major setback. I have a teenaged daughter, and she's definitely not doing cute things that make me laugh about. She is actually an awesome kid, but I don't feel drawn to the Mommy BLogger Groups. The people I hang out with are considered more like acquaintances than real friends. I actually prefer to stay home and do my own thing, than hang out people that I don't really love to be with. I don't have any RL friends that share my love of fabric and sewing-which I am working on to change. The last guy I dated was over a year ago. But this is a blessing because I haven't been alone for an entire year for over 10 years. I'm not upset about that at all. I don't have a lot of money right now. I can't afford to buy new outfits to sport on my blog. Besides, who would take the pictures?! Because I don't have a lot of money to spend on extras, I don't have a ton of money to spend on designer fabric to make all the quilts and dresses that I really want to have. *Note: I realize I can get a job, but family is really important to me, and my aunt has helped me out my whole life without asking anything in return, so I want her to feel comfortable leaving my uncle at home by himself, before I look for a job* Basically I watch a ton of TV and am scouring the internet in obscene amount of hours per week.
So what does that mean for me?
I'm not sure. I guess I'll just keep doing what I do, and be a hodgepodge sort of blog. I love sharing my love of stuff with others, so that's what I'll keep doing. I know it's not about the numbers, and I don't care about those. I would like to find some readers that like to read it and talk to me. I'm the shy girl that is really quiet until you get to know me. I prefer quality over quantity any day. But I also like some compared to none.