Happy Kitty Sewing: Day #4 (Still catching up!)   

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day #4 (Still catching up!)

As I've mentioned before, I'm participating in 30 days of blog prompts.  Last week my computer took an entire day's worth of energy to reload/fix.  Another day, I spent getting used to my new med switch, so I've been behind two days.  I have NO IDEA why I didn't write some of these before hand, and schedule them so they would be on time.  Oh, well.  Live and learn.  Here's the first third of the list.  You can see the whole list here.  

Day 1: List 10 random facts about yourself.
Day 2: Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and describe how they became fears.
Day 3: Describe your relationship with your parents.
Day 4: List 5 things you would tell your 16 year-old self if you could.
Day 5: What are the 5 things that make you happiest right now?
Day 6: What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
Day 7: What is your dream job, and why?
Day 8: What are 3 passions you have?
Day 9: List 3 people who have influenced you, and how.
Day 10: Describe your most embarrassing moment.



Before I start, this eerily close to the same advice my Dad also gave me that I ignored. (Mental Note: Stop ignoring Dad's advice all the time)

1.  High School doesn't matter.   Ssshhh.  Look at me.  High. School.  Doesn't. Matter.  Yes, that's right.  It doesn't matter.  
I heard something last night, that I could really relate to that my friend said.  She said that she used to think that she could be Happy, if she could just be This Person.  This Person was always someone prettier, smarter, popular, had tons of friends in all the cliques, and someone you just knew that you would be happier  as.  I remember thinking this as far back as 4th grade.  I was picked on starting in about the 5th grade with a few boys, super picked on in Middle School, and the teasing stopped at the end of 10th grade.  It was about then that I participated in laughing at and making jokes of other people.  I have no idea why the kids I went to school with were mean.  But if you didn't laugh at other people, you quickly became the next target.  I can proudly say I'm not like this anymore, and would definitely be on that show where they see if people would speak up or not.  Because I rarely don't stick up for something I think is right.

After high school, I became prettier, had more friends, became smarter, cared about things in the world going around me, and just finding myself and not caring what other people think.  I have a few friends left that I would consider friends from High School, but not many.  I didn't go to any of the proms, dances, or had my senior pictures taken.  And I don't regret not doing those things.

2.  Don't get more than one credit card. (or as my Dad would say-Don't charge it if you don't have it)
Even though I had tons of cute clothes 10 years ago, the 15K worth of credit card debt that I entered into a debt management program in 2003 wasn't worth the pain of having Bad Credit.  A year before my original graduation date, I started charging a lot on my credit cards with the promise of "paying it back as soon as I graduate".  Because LIFE NEVER GOES AS PLANNED, I am paying off the last 2K of that debt still today.  I've probably payed more than double in interest.  I used my cards for gas, food, books, and anything any time I didn't have cash on me.  I was paying the minimum due, because I was too busy with life, than to responsibly sit down and balance my check book.  

3.  Life NEVER goes as planned.
I never though I was have the disease I do, have a teenage pregnancy, switch my major with 3 semesters left, lose my baby sister to Cervical Cancer before she was 30, or thought I would live with my parents AFTER the age of 30.

4.  Ask for help when you need it.  Don't rely solely on other's opinions of what you should do.  Do what you think is right for YOU.  I should have been more confident in myself instead of listening to others who also didn't know what the hell they were doing.

5.  You ARE awesome, beautiful, funny, skinny (I was at 16), need to eat, not rely on other's to make you feel better, FORGET about Jason, and NEVER rely on a man to make you happy.  Luckily I'm there 16 years later ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment