Happy Kitty Sewing: Day #3 Blog Prompt-Catching UP!   

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Day #3 Blog Prompt-Catching UP!

Day 3: Describe your relationship with your parents.

I'll start off saying I have SO MUCH appreciation for my parents, because they have supported me with everything in life.  They have been married for almost 35 years.  It's not always the best relationship, but we all love each other.  When I was 17, I had Ash.  They allowed me to bring her home and raise her, if I finished High School (which I didn't even consider NOT doing).  The bad thing about my life, is that I have EMBARRASSINGLY always technically lived with my parents.  There was a time when I dated Ash's father (again) and we were over his house or up north with him a lot.  There was no way I could afford to live a comfortable AND safe life with Ash by myself while going to school full time and working full time.  She would have to get up extremely early for school, and be picked up at midnight.  So we have always lived here.  My sister got sick, and she eventually moved back home.  She was in the hospital most of that 2 years, so it felt like my parents were never home.   When I got clean, they let me come home after rehab (I was technically kicked out at that point), and they have been extremely supportive in my recovery.  So my goal is to work the next few years, pay them back, and put a down a deposit on the house.  I wouldn't have anything I have now without them helping me, and having them refuse to help me in other areas so I would help myself.  My life is a lot different than others, and I just have to be accepting of that fact, not compare myself to others because most people won't have the same experiences as mine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment