Happy Kitty Sewing: 30 Days of Blog Prompts   

Sunday, March 10, 2013

30 Days of Blog Prompts

As you may have noticed, I do not update my blog on a regular basis.  If I don't have something to say, I just don't share it.  And I think that's ok.  I blog for fun, and it's ok if I don't have 1000 followers.  That's not important to me.  I would rather have 20 people that read my blog and interact with me because you think I'm awesome, than just collect the numbers.  I also understand the bloggers that commit to blogging for whatever reason, and spend a lot of time on budgeting, advertising, giveaways, and analyzing the numbers and coming up with new avenues to increase their numbers, and the numbers are invaluable to them.  It's just not for me.  I don't have any "rules" for my blog, and right now due to not having steady employment, I cannot afford to make the beautiful quilts and other sewing projects that I have bookmarked in my folders, that someday will get done, which was the original purpose for my blog.  Actually, I like reading other blogs than updating my own.  I'm just not that cool or focused to have a Super Sweet Blog, and I'm fine with that.

Because I don't blog regularly, I wanted to commit myself to daily writings on my blog.  You can never get to know me, if I don't share about myself.  I did not make up these 30 writing prompts, but I swiped them from Sarah at the fontenot four.  I LOVE reading Sarah's blog. She is amazing.  She has two beautiful daughters, and the youngest one needs 24 hour nursing care.  The family is regularly in and out of the hospital, and that is a hard life.  I remember it, because my sister was in the hospital for most of 2011.  SO go check her out after you read the list:


Day 1: List 10 random facts about yourself.
Day 2: Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and describe how they became fears.
Day 3: Describe your relationship with your parents.
Day 4: List 5 things you would tell your 16 year-old self if you could.
Day 5: What are the 5 things that make you happiest right now?
Day 6: What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
Day 7: What is your dream job, and why?
Day 8: What are 3 passions you have?
Day 9: List 3 people who have influenced you, and how.
Day 10: Describe your most embarrassing moment.
Day 11: Describe a few of your pet peeves.
Day 12: Describe a typical day in your life.
Day 13: Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
Day 14: Describe 5 strengths you have.
Day 15: If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
Day 16: What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
Day 17: What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
Day 18: What is the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
Day 19: If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
Day 20: Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
Day 21: If you could have 1 superpower, what would it be and what would be the first thing you did with it?
Day 22: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
Day 23: List your top 3 hobbies and why you love them.
Day 24: Describe your family dynamic from your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
Day 25: If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
Day 26: What popular notion do you think the world has wrong?
Day 27: What is your favorite part of your body and why?
Day 28: What is your love language?
Day 29: What do you think people misunderstand the most about you?
Day 30: List 5 things you would hope to be remembered for.



INSTEAD of posting 3 posts today, I'll just continue my first day here:
DUH DUN DAH DAAAA
PRESENTING
DAY 1: 10 Random Facts about Myself.

1. I am 33 years old but most people think I'm under 20.  I get carded for lottery tickets.

2. I am a teenage Mom.  I got pregnant at 16 and had my beautiful daughter a month after I turned 17. Refer to #1-Strangers DO NOT believe that I have a kid.  They think she is my sister if we are together.

3, Even though I had a baby, I completed my senior year of High School and continued on to college at Eastern Michigan University.

4.  My first major was Accounting.  When I got to the "College of Business", I decided I couldn't stand all the stuck-up snooty people around me, and freaked that I would be around them forever so I changed my major.

5.  I graduated in 2006 with my Bachelor in the Science of Nursing.

6.  I passed the NCLEX on my first try.  I found it super easy.

7. I started quilting a year ago, and have finished a few tops, but I'm scared to do the actual quilting.  This is a goal I have that I want to finish before the Spring ends.

8.  My bday is in MAY!!!

9.  We have 1 dog, 2 cats and a hedgehog living in our house.

10. I'm also a substitute teacher because I took some time off from nursing when my sister was sick.

BONUS: I love to read, I love to walk in the woods, I love animals especially Owls and Octopusses, I want to make beautiful quilts, I love to laugh and make others laugh, I want to buy Modcloth.com and wear dresses every day of my life, and I want to help others that are having a hard time-no matter what it is.


SUPER BONUS: Except for last year, I go trick or treating every year with my daughter.  MEANING, I dress up and get candy! If I have to make the walk, and are lucky enough to look 16, then I'm going to take advantage of it!  Plus it's super fun.  I will find pictures to post for Day 2.

4 comments:

  1. It's so lovely to read more about the writer of a blog :) I stumbled upon your blog through Hello Cotton & I'll definitely be coming back for your 30 days of blogging! Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I have fallen behind this week, but I'm making a pledge to get started with it again later today and update daily! I will be following you back when I get a chance to log into Hello Cotton :)

      Delete
  2. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don't knoω whо you are but certainly you are going to a fаmous blogger
    if уou aren't already ;) Cheers!

    Feel free to surf to my homepage: off lottery

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your blog message. I am now a follower! I am looking forward to reading your 30 days of blogging too!

    ReplyDelete